Phone:01975-223548,226035(Fax) & 226435
Govt. P.G. College Una (H.P.)
In the modern and contemporary set up, the college are supposed to be the center of learning which give emphasis on education as a means for achieving personal growth and development.
Education plays a vital role in the development of any nation. Therefore there is a premium on both quantity (increased access) and quality (relevance and excellence of academic programmers offered) of higher education. The National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) an Autonomous Institution of University Grants Commission (UGC) has been set up to facilitate the volunteering institutions to assess their performance vis-a -vis set parameters through introspection and a process that provides space for participation of the institution.
The Accreditation facilitates:
- Institution to know its strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities through an informed review process.
- Identification of internal areas of planning and resource allocation
- Collegiality on the campus
- Funding agencies look for objective data for performance funding.
- Institutions to initiate innovative and modern methods of pedagogy
- New sense of direction and identity for institutions.
- The society to look for reliable information on quality education offered.
- Employers to look for reliable information on the quality of education oared to the prospective recruits.
- Intra and inter-institutional interactions.
The Govt Post Graduate College �Una (H.P.) is committed for NAAC Accreditation, by maintaining unwavering focus, dedication and determination comprehensive and sustained endeavors to meet and maintain requisite standards in all areas of its functioning and meet.